My Big Forrest

2:18:00 PM

   

     Every so often you find yourself up so high that you feel like there is nothing that can touch you. You forget all the little things and you focus on one factor in your life, and nothing else matters. One day leads to the next, and then to the next, and before you know it all the time is gone.

     I tend to find myself lost in these kinds of days too often lately. Waking up, looking around, and going through the meaningless motions just to find myself on the same spot from when I awoke. I remember the days when I felt the drive to do more, to create, to see more, and to live more.

     It's only until I slow down and really take a look around that I really understand where I am. I sit back, look up in the sky, take a deep breath, and slowly close my eyes. So many thoughts run through my head as if it was trying to catch up, ideas, regrets, feelings, and dreams all the same. I become reminded of who I am, and what is really important.

     Today of all days, I was able to shut my eyes and remind myself, and with that reminder, I came across two of my favorite movies. Ones that, remind me of what life can become, no matter how crazy you might se it, or how little your might understand it. The moment when you experience something so profound, so life changing, and you don't even know it until someone wants to hear about it. Its movies like Forrest Gump and Big Fish that remind me of such things, that help me get back on track.  Lets me think about what stories I have to tell, or will have to tell, what I have already done, or have yet to do.

     Take a minute to get back on track, because you never quite know what you mind find.

No comments:

Post a Comment