The Beginning

10:21:00 AM

Welcome...

                            
Kicking my feet up in Charleston, NC

          So, where do I find myself in this point in life? I have always been a strong believer that we are all a products of our own experiences. This being said, I found myself at a crossroads in my life recently. I was stuck between a rock and a hard place and needed to make a huge decision, an irrational, potentially un secure, life decision. I took much time to weigh the pro's and con's, what my family, friends, and co-workers would think and what would become of my future. 
          I have always felt that people were inherently good, and in todays world of negativity, and constant drama, I have been searching for the positive aspect of people. The trust that we once gave one another, the "lending hand" when a fellow member of the community was in need. I am not talking about monetary aspects note am I unaware of people malicious people, but I want  to find  an understanding of acceptance, and ultimately, a community amongst strangers. So, that being said, I quit my high paying management job and traded in my luxury sports car, canceled my apartment lease all to all to find the good in people in todays world, to believe in strangers once again, to hear their stories, and to ultimately find, "The Community Made of Us."
Beautiful Savannah, GA at night

       With this task at hand, I had fight every urge of my normal way of thinking and not jump right into a whole other career right away. I don't want to get caught in something I will hate just to live in the now and to buy things that I don't need. So I chose, and at this moment, I find myself waking up in a strangers home that was gracious enough to open their doors to me. Yep, you heard me, I have been couch surfing in order to get to know my fellow person. If your not familiar of what that means, I basically staying in peoples homes whom I have never met before, experiencing new things and hanging out with them. Yea, it's a crazy thought, but I am also not the first to do it. Not to mention, people have done it at a greater scale, and internationally, but I am documenting it in order to show you, the reader, viewer, friend, acquaintance, and fellow person that not all people are bad, that there is good in others, far greater than you think.



Hanging with my best bud Dani in Charleston, NC

Hanging with my boy Bar in Savannah, Georgia

Enjoying the beautiful Lakeside Park view in Kissimmee, FL with my buddy Leo

          I am equipped with a Rebel T3i, a GoPro Hero 3 and an iPhone 5s. My view is a very minimal approach, a way to show a true perspective on how our experiences take place. This is not your normal documentary, but one that can create a culture in itself, and who knows how big our community can grow. With my travels so far, I have stayed in 4 different places with 4 different people, and I must say, they were some of the nicest people I have ever met. I have been fed, pampered, toured, shown a great night on the town, and even treated like family, and this is only the beginning. These people that I once called strangers have become friends that I won't forget, they have told me their life stories, their secrets, memories, and regrets and I will forever be indebted to them.



     We are all in different points in our lives, but we all have a purpose, to belong, to help, to create something, to be a community. Check out the trailer to the video I am making below. Use the hashtag #TheCommunityMadeOfUs, repost the video on your pages, and remember, it doesn't take much to be part of The Community, and when someone helps you, make sure you pass it on.


Follow and support The Community here:

Facebook.com/TheCommunityMadeOfUs
Instagram:@TheCommunityMadeOfUs
Twitter:     @TCMadeOfUs
Support by donating: http://www.gofundme.com/TCMadeOfUs

                               

No comments:

Post a Comment