Nashville, Tennessee

1:15:00 AM



          So I find myself beginning this journey on a road to the west. I was unsure of where I was going to end up or how far my lead foot would allow. So, as I began to realize the limit to my sanity I ended up in a little city called Nashville in Tennessee. Something about this city always intrigued me. I am not sure if it had to do with being the country music capital of the world and me secretly liking country music, or the talk about its southern charm. Driving into town, you just feel a sense of the southern hospitality, whether it was the stranger with a strong southern accent giving someone directions, or the lingering smell of soul food and whiskey floating in the air. I immediately fell in love with the feel of this town, and this was only the beginning.

Meet my host Aliza!

A little cold, but a nice view of downtown Nashville

Too good to be true!

         As I was driving in, I was lucky enough to find some cool hosts close to Nashville, Alisa and Jose (Jose unfortunately didn't make the photo but he is in the trailer). I chatted briefly with them before actually getting to their place. I can recall being nervous as I walked up to their door, and like the kind of guy that I am, as soon as they opened the door I greeted them with a smile and hugs. They seemed happy to meet and host me. They showed me to my room, equipped with a queen size bed, 40 in flat screen and all my hotel "amenities." Aliza walked me through all of their animals names, 2 cats named wifi and Icat amongst the two huskies with names that I could not recall. 

Everything to ensure you are clean...

       We later sat down to chat in the kitchen, where I was offered an amazing sample of real Ukrainian chocolates and a wide variety of exotic liquors. Right off the bat, they treated me as if I was an old friend. We spoke about their previous experiences with couch surfers and they mixed in little of their own adventures. Jose being a Mexican American and Alisa being an Ukrainian, they have been ALL OVER the world. Drink after drink and tons of laughs later, it was time to sleep, and sleep I did. The next morning, I was awoken by the smell of fresh breakfast mixed with some Reggaeton and Ukrainian music (definitely a first). Jose went to work so Alisa took it upon herself to take me around town. We ended at a cool family style southern buffet where I ate SO MUCH, it was definitely a place I'd go back for the corn pudding ;). Shortly after, it was time to part ways :(.

Some very tasty Venezuelan rum

An in action photo of me enjoying country fried chicken

Soul food like woe!

          After breakfast, I knew it wasn't time to leave such an awesome place, so I decided to check out Broadway Street (otherwise known as tourist central). As I was strolling down the street I head some country music playing out of a bar called, "Whiskey Bent," so I walked in. Enjoying some tunes and a manhattan, I struck up a conversation with the bartender, Shawna. We began to chat, and as I got lost in her glare of her eyes, I managed to learn that she has two other identical sisters (meaning she is a triplet for the lamens).  So naturally, I though of a challenge of who can make a better drink. Shawna, kindly wrote down instructions on how to get to a bar called, "Dawghouse Saloon" where her sister Shelby was working. When I got there, I wasn't disappointed as I met Shelby but unfortunately may challenge wouldn't succeed because she didn't have a key ingredient to my drink but she made up with great convo and a pretty smile. I wasn't able to meet Stevie (3rd sister) because she wasn't working that day, but I must admit, Shawna and Shelby were so friendly that I couldn't pass the chance to hang with the triplets from Illinois that were quickly becoming known as the "Nashville triplets" again, maybe when I drive back home.

Shawna, Stevie, and Shelby ... in that order

          They have done a lot of cool things being that they are triplets. Turns out, they were selected to be on a show called, "Faceoff" where they have challenges for make up artists. I put the link below so you can check it out, it pretty darn good makeup if you ask me.


        Next stop will be Arkansas, and I tell you what, I was excited to meet my next host! Check out the trailer to the video I am making below. Use the hashtag #TheCommunityMadeOfUs, repost the video on your pages, and remember, it doesn't take much to be part of The Community, and when someone helps you, make sure you pass it on.

Follow and support The Community here:

Facebook.com/TheCommunityMadeOfUs
Instagram:@TheCommunityMadeOfUs
Twitter:     @TCMadeOfUs
Support by donating: http://www.gofundme.com/TCMadeOfUs




No comments:

Post a Comment