Seattle, Washington (Part 2)

6:27:00 AM

     So where do I find myself at this moment? I landed in Seattle a few hours ago and sitting at the top of the hill here at Kerry Park, I couldn't help but to wonder, where will this trip take me? Where will I go and who will I meet? I have 8 days to travel, and this is just the beginning. I began with checking out the area, seeing what kind people I will find around town. I was staying at "The Green Tortoise Hostel" right next door to the Pike Place Market on the corner of Pike Street and First. There was so much happening here that I spent a whole day trying different foods, listening to different music, and just sat back and enjoyed the sights.


Some amazing swing dancing!


Traveling street performers!

Don't try this at home!

      The music scene was absolutely amazing. I couldn't help but to stop and admire the entertainers on every corner. Not only did the food stun me with its vibrant flavors and options but the friendliness of the mixture of locals and tourists was unlike any other. I must've tried 10 different "snacks." I had a moment of calmness (or a food coma) come over me as I sat and sipped my coffee at Cafe D' Arte. I waited for life to happen, and at that moment was rewarded by some pretty cool people I met around the city.


I met the girl in the photo that was on the Gum Wall!


A few games in the park with the locals!

     There were so many ways to enjoy the city but nothing was like sitting back and enjoying a nice read while the sun set. There were people fishing, playing soccer, and bird watching as I got lost while reading, "The Alchemist." I found myself about to enjoy the night until I came across a free show of Joan "El Duque" Soriano playing some amazing bachata on stage. This was definitely a way to end this trip!





No comments:

Post a Comment