Roswell, New Mexico

4:10:00 PM



          Oh boy, Roswell, NM. The extent of my knowledge about Roswell extends only to what I have seen on Independence day, and technically, they just talk about it. I am not going to lie, the idea of aliens, excites me as much as it freaks me out and although this is just another city on the map, you can feel the "sci-fi-ness" driving into the city. There are UFO sculptures, alien dolls, space this and unknown that everywhere, and what was a curiosity of the unknown quickly turned into a realization that it's tourism. Granted, it's pretty cool to walk in the downtown area, but unless your going to by an alien movie or an UFO t-shirt, theres not much else to check out but the UFO museum and to talk to some of the locals. But this post is more about if you continued pass the city, roughly six miles passed it, on a patch of land called 6 mile hill. Here is where my host lives and I have never been in a place like it.

Check out where I stayed!

           I drove up to this cabin on about 4 acres of land, where in all honesty, had me question what I was going to be sleeping. The picture above is exactly how it looks, but again, I arrived at 9:30pm, where it was pitch black outside, and in the distance (6 miles away) you see the lights from the main city of Roswell. No matter what my hesitations were, I made it this far and my host seemed nice when we spoke so I walked up and knocked on the door, and there was nothing but friendly faces all around me. She had some HelpX(ers) staying with her to help out with the farm, two older couples and a child, one from Canada, and the others from Russia. It was awesome to see how people from all over the world can come to one place and live as if they were family. I spent about an hour speaking to them about their experiences and what brought them to this point in their lives. These people were as free as it gets, traveling from place to place, helping out on farms and ranches, and exploring the world in the process...amazing.



          After chatting with them, my host, Karen, finally arrived, and she came fully equipped with cookies and alien beer (haha.) I gave her a hug and we began conversing. She has lived on her ranch for quite sometime now and has become a writer for local schools amongst other projects. During this time, she began to procure some animals along the way. She now has two llamas, two goats, about six chickens, two ducks, and two cats (talk about a cool mix.) We hung out by the fire place and talked  for so long. About her experiences, her travels, and her life. I tell you what, there is was much that I learned from this lady, and how it is to live on a ranch, not to mention hanging with the llamas. Great times!



           Next stop will be Phoenix, Arizona. Check out the trailer to the video I am making below. Use the hashtag #TheCommunityMadeOfUs, repost the video on your pages, and remember, it doesn't take much to be part of The Community, and when someone helps you, make sure you pass it on.

Follow and support The Community here:

Facebook.com/TheCommunityMadeOfUs
Instagram:@TheCommunityMadeOfUs
Twitter:     @TCMadeOfUs
Support by donating: http://www.gofundme.com/TCMadeOfUs

1 comment:

Post a Comment