Orlando, Florida - Home

12:04:00 PM

A couple enjoying the famous Lake Eola fountain

          Oh, The City Beautiful, you have many names, and have given many floridians a ton of memories. You know, I never understood why they named it "The City Beautiful" rather than "The Beautiful City" but either way the truth is apparent. My feet have stepped on many paths pavement, grass, and dirt alike in the past months, but nothing feels sweeter than sitting back by lake Eola watching the kites floating effortlessly in the wind, or the dogs gaining their stance as a swan walks by beefing up its chest. All of which is met with the plaids of grass and tree branches swaying from side to side, and thats just what I am seeing right now. "There isn't much to do here in Orlando" is what I hear quite often by many, but my response is always the same, "What is it that your looking for?"
The pup and the dog


The best card game in town

Sideshow Bar in Downtown Orlando

          You see, like most of the locals will tell you, there is much more here than just Disney World and Universal, well considering the fact that Disney is not even in Orlando proves my theory half true, but what else is there? To start, it depends on what part of Orlando your in, whether your in the UCF student populated flatlands, to the hipster/ young professional populous of Downtown Orlando, to the suburbs of Hunters Creek, all the way to the ritzy hills of Windermere, there is something for everyone here. Amongst it all, there is something that all these places don't seem to lack, and thats the potential to sit back and enjoy the view. We may not have mountains, or the ocean in our city but there are lakes and sunshine galore. Even more so now that we are finding unity amongst ourselves with the up and coming Orlando City Lions, the ever growing live music scene, and more event's and bar crawls downtown than ever before we are becoming a city.

Double Lake Eola fountain beats double rainbow

Hanging out with these two characters, Chrisse and Lisandra

The group of hooligans called my friends.


          Now, some would say, what about me, I'm not even 21, to which I would response, get off your cellphones and separate yourself from the countless selfies. Since when does being under 21 stop you from a bike ride to the park? Or taking a moment to enjoy a good book under the the palm trees? Not to mention being able to hang by the pool 99% of the year in Florida. Even when it rains, when's the last time you just hung out in a downpour? If you can move, there is nothing you can't do? But to stop myself before allowing myself to continue this tangent, what's the harm in listening to the sounds of outside? Really appreciating the value of a long walk, or life in the moment?

My buddy Leo and I enjoying the nice breeze

Everything is better with racing pigs in your life


Strawberry Shortcake with my friend Angela

          When I left Orlando about a year ago I felt as though there was nothing left for me to appreciate, nothing that would help me see what a city like this really offered. But after traveling, being out of my element and meeting some of the most interesting strangers that later became my friends, I realized I was always looking for the wrong thing here. What that thing is, I'm not fully sure yet, but what I do know is that I will have fun looking for it while I am here. I guess it's true what they say, you never really appreciate something until you don't have it anymore, but when you find it again, try not to let go...'Till next time community members, and welcome to The City Beautiful.

 A moment in time.



         Stay tuned to check out more posts as I continue my adventures, and check out the trailers to the small film I am making below. Use the hashtag #MadeOfUs, repost the video on your pages, and remember, it doesn't take much to be part of The Community, when someone helps you, make sure you pass it on.


Follow and support, "The Community Made of Us" here:

Facebook.com/TheCommunityMadeOfUs
Instagram:@TheCommunityMadeOfUs
Twitter:     @TCMadeOfUs

No comments:

Post a Comment